Jørn A. Uggerud
Jørn A. Uggerud has more than 20 years' of experience within the area of Corporate and M&A, and has assisted numerous Norwegian and foreign clients within this line of work. Uggerud is heading the Corporate, stock exchange and finance department in Hjort, and is well known within this market. In Legal 500 he is highlighted as "a very good, effective corporate lawyer". During the last couple of years Uggerud has been the lead lawyer in several large assignments within corporate and M&A, hereunder: - Assisting Edda Media AS with several transactions and joint ventures - among others with A-pressen. - Assisting VKR Group A/S in Denmark with several transactions involving several of its subsidiaries in Norway. - Assisting Nokia Siemens Networks with its divestment of its Nødnett business in Norway to Motorola Inc. Uggerud was also a key advisor to the Norwegian Ministry of Trade and Industry in connection with the establishment of the new Norwegian Export Finance arranagements and the establishement of the new state owned company Eksportkreditt Norge AS.
- 1989-1995: Associate in Advokatfirmaet Hjort DA
- 1995 - : Partner in Advokatfirmaet Hjort DA
- Cand Jur, University of Oslo 1989
- Ranked in Legal 500: "Jointly headed by Jørn Uggerud and Rolf Trolle Andersen, Advokatfirmaet Hjort provides 'a very good and hands-on approach'. The firm handles a significant amount of transactions for high-profile corporates such as Telenor, and is one of the pre-eminent groups for corporate disputes."
Memberships / Honoraries
- Member of the Norwegian Bar Association