Energy and the environment
Norway is rich in natural resources, and the Norwegian economy depends on these resources being properly managed and exploited. To make sure this happens, Norway has created a comprehensive regulatory framework covering the petroleum sector and the production of renewable energy.
Hjort’s lawyers know both these regulations and the business imperatives of the oil and renewables sectors extremely well, and our expertise regarding the many environmental law issues that can arise in this context is second to none.
With regard to renewable energy, we are a full-service law firm, and our areas of expertise include:
- Wind power
- District heating
- Power transmission grids and grid regulation
- Electricity market / power trading
- Electricity tax
- Land and rights acquisition
- Construction contracts
- Transactions and restructuring
- Competition law and public procurement in the energy sector