Svein Holden works mainly as a defense counsel in criminal cases. He has extensive experience and broad qualifications from the prosecutor's office, and was a public prosecutor in the period 2005-2013. He has been the prosecuting counsel in several major criminal cases, the one receiving the most public attention being the 22 July-matter. In addition to criminal law cases, Svein takes part in Hjort's increased focus on investigations and he also does litigation work.
- 2013 -> Advokatfirmaet Hjort
- 2005 - 2013: Public prosecutor at the Public prosecutor's office in Oslo
- 2003 - 2005: Attorney, Oslo police district, Violence/vice
- 2002 - 2003: Oslo police district, Grønland police office
- 2001 - 2002: Oslo police district, Majorstua police office
- 2000 - 2001: The Ministry of Justice, senior executive officer, Polar department
- 1999: Law degree, University of Oslo