Hjort has extensive experience of advising purchasers and vendors with respect to the regulations governing public procurements. This experience from both the purchaser and vendor sides gives us a complete picture of the issues that can arise with respect to the procurement rules, and provides a strong foundation for resolving any conflicts that may emerge in an expedient and efficient manner.
Our lawyers help purchasers to:
- assess whether a purchase must be put out to tender, including whether the conditions for the in-house exemption have been met.
- plan the procurement and draw up the requirement specifications and competition rules.
- perform assessments during the procurement process, e.g. about whether a vendor must be rejected.
- handle complaints from vendors, either directly to the purchaser, to the Norwegian Complaints Board (KOFA) or in the form of legal action.
Our lawyers help vendors to:
- prepare bids, devise a negotiating strategy and seek clarification from the purchaser, if necessary.
- assess award decisions and other decisions in the procurement process.
- submit a complaint about the process or the outcome to the purchaser or the Norwegian Complaints Board (KOFA), and take any associated legal action (e.g. applications for temporary injunctions or for a court hearing).
Latest news about Public procurement
Håndhevelsen av reglene om offentlige anskaffelser vil nå strammes inn. Brudd på anskaffelsesregelverket vil heretter kunne få alvorlige konsekvenser, ikke bare for oppdragsgiver men i enkelte tilfeller også for den valgte leverandøren. Samtidig blir det lettere for forbigåtte leverandører å sikre sine rettigheter.