Below we have listed some of the comments from the different rating agencies.
Chambers and Partners Global 2017
Dispute Resolution - Norway
Advokatfirmaet Hjort DA
Peers describe top-tier Frode Innjord as "a very strong and outstanding litigator." He has been known to assist clients with contentious environmental matters. He has further advised Nordland County Municipality on disputes with Nordkraft connected to hydroelectric issues and the transfer of power rights.
Alex Borch is well regarded by market commentators, and has particular expertise in employment law, including contract issues. Cases of late have involved shareholder disputes and welfare payments.
Else Bugge Fougner has an unrivalled wealth of experience in the Norwegian dispute resolution arena. She is knowledgeable in both commercial and criminal law and proceedings, with recent work involving employment issues.
Erik Keiserud has an impressive reputation in litigation and conflict resolution, including arbitration processes. He has continued to assist DNB with contentious proceedings pertaining to swap agreements with several municipalities and their refusal to repay advances to the bank.
Intellectual property - Norway
Head of department Monica Syrdal advises on a diverse and broad range of IP matters and has a strong reputation amongst clients in the media and technology sectors. She is held in high regard amongst others IP experts in the market, who agree she is a strong leader within the firm.
Supreme Court attorney Rolf Trolle Andersen advises on a wide scope of issues including IP matters concerning trade marks, patents and marketing issues. He is also an experienced civil litigator and often handles contentious IP matters.
Chambers and Partners Europe 2017
“For more than twenty years, Chambers has published the leading directories of the legal profession. Our reputation is based on the independence and objectivity of our research.”
Hjort is top ranked in the following practice areas:
- Dispute Resolution: ""The team knows our business well, understands the circumstances and is always well prepared." "
- Employment: "We are really satisfied. The lawyers really get our industry, our organisation and how it all works. There is an extra dimension to the professional context when they understand where we are coming from and we felt really secure with them."
Hjort is recommended in the following areas:
- Kristin Bjella: Energy: Electricity
- Alex Borch: Dispute Resolution and Employment
- Anne Marie Due: Employment
- Einar Engh: Employment
- Else Bugge Fougner: Dispute Resolution and Employment
- Morten Fjermeros: Tax
- Frode Innjord: Dispute Resolution
- Erik Keiserud: Dispute Resolution
- Claude Lenth: Employment
- Heddy Ludvigsen: Competition/ Antitrust
- Monica Syrdal: Intellecutal Property and TMT
- Rolf Trolle Andersen:Intellectual Property
- Kristin Veierød: TMT
- Liv Aandal: Real Estate
The Legal 500 2017
“Published for over twenty years, the Legal 500 Series provides the most comprehensive worldwide coverage currently available on legal services providers, in over 100 countries”.
Hjort is recommended as a TOP-TIER FIRM in two practice areas:
- Dispute Resolution
Hjort is recommended in the following practice areas by Legal 500:
- Corporate and M&A
- Electricity, Nuclear & Renewable Energy
- EU and Competition
- Intellectual Property and TMT
- Real Estate
25 indvidual recommendations by Legal 500:
Corporate and M&A:
EU and Competition:
Electricity, Nuclear and Renewable Energy:
Intellectual Property and TMT:
- Liv Aandal
- Liv Zimmerman
'Leading lawyers' list:
- Claude A. Lenth